Centennial College’s Police Foundations program is geared towards those who have an interest in police, security and investigation-related occupations in both the public and private sectors.
About the program
In this joint diploma Police Foundations program at Centennial College, you spend two years taking Police Foundations courses in the School of Community and Health Studies that cover:
- Current laws
- Investigative techniques
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Criminal proceedings
- Community policing principles
- Physical fitness
- Emergency Management and Public Safety
- The time you spend in the Police Foundations courses results in the ability to communicate efficiently, act as a problem-solver, work effectively in teams and help people in the community.
- The Police Foundations program consists of intense training, equivalent to that of a paramilitary environment, which helps you to develop discipline and deportment.
- Courses are based on real-life experiences and case studies that incorporate a fundamental perspective on life.
- Police officer
- Customs and excise officer
- Security officer
- Military police
- Corrections officer
- Private security officer (in loss prevention and corporate security)