Centennial College (Toronto, Canada)
As a recognized Public College in Ontario, all programs meet strict educational standards set by The Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development in Ontario. Canada’s high academic standards and rigorous quality controls ensure high-quality education that is globally recognized and will benefit your career over the long term.
The value for High-Quality Education at Centennial is strong around the world. Our programs are cost-effective, shorter in duration, and most importantly are employment focused, compared to traditional research, theory and lecture focused programs offered in University. A two-year Ontario College Diploma, Advanced Diploma (Fast-Track), or Graduate Certificate program offers successful graduates the opportunity apply for a three-year Post-Graduation Work Permit, which is the maximum length available through Canada’s excellent work permit program for international students.
With seven specialized academic schools, Centennial College offers more than 160 Programs. Centennial offers foundations, post-secondary and post-graduate programs in Business, Engineering Technology and Applied Science, Communications, Media, Arts and Design, Health, Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts, and Transportation. Centennial also offers English Language Learning and Foundations programs for college and university preparation.
An award-winning Canadian institution
Centennial received the Gold Medal for Leadership Development at the 2018 World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP) Awards of Excellence. Centennial also received the 2016 Gold Medal for Internationalization Excellence from Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan).
We are leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs
We work with over 800 industry partners! You have access to the latest equipment and technology, industry-leading faculty and co-op opportunities to get you work-ready upon graduation. Centennial received first prize for Innovation in Applied Research (CICan 2015). Among 125 colleges, Centennial ranks third in Canada for the number of students employed and paid to conduct applied research (Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges: 2017 Report).
Over 1,000 pathways!
Centennial College programs offer 367 Degree Pathways and 40 Masters Degree Pathways with partner universities in Canada and abroad.
You belong here!
Centennial is the #1 College Choice for International Students in Canada! Our 25,000 full-time students include over 11,000 international students from 137 countries! As you enjoy the academic benefits of a Canadian college education, a wide range of global perspectives will enrich your education and experience.
Connected with Industry
Centennial College works with your future employers to help pave your way through professional development, skills development and networking.
Applied Work Experiences
Many Centennial programs offer Canadian work experience and provide eligibility for designations from Canadian professional associations.
International Education Leadership
For five consecutive years, Centennial College is the number one college choice for international students in Canada.
ONLINE AND HYBRID PROGRAMS AT CENTENNIAL COLLEGE
At Centennial College, we’ve risen to the challenge to adapt our education and change with the times. We have made the shift to offer 45 programs in a completely online format, delivering the high-quality education you expect from us, in a flexible, convenient way – the way of the future.
Learn online for the future you want! The Business School, School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts, and School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design offers leading-edge, interactive learning opportunities.
Our fully-online programs offer the flexibility to transfer into the on-campus delivery or complete the program online. In addition, we offer hybrid programs that combine the best of both worlds – hands-on experience in our labs and studios on campus and remote access to virtualization software. Hybrid programs also offer innovative virtual labs, featuring interactive course videos that go in-depth on the information you need to be successful in your career. Students benefit from being able to watch and re-watch course content to sharpen your skills and excel once you’re in the workforce.
Advantages of Online Learning at Centennial College
- Advance your career online by working towards a valuable Canadian academic credential that is recognized internationally.
- High-Quality Courses: Instructional design and educational technology specialists work closely with our expert faculty to develop online courses that incorporate learner interaction, practical exercises, and faculty-led instruction.
- Engaging Academic Community: Build relationships with your classmates in our technology-enabled learning environment. Engage in idea sharing, collaboration and teamwork through online discussions and group work.
- Virtual Student Services: Your online learning toolkit includes extensive library and web-based resources. Access peer tutoring, success advising or connect with an online learning strategist. Virtual orientations, counselling, and immigration advising are available to support your career goals in Canada.
- Enhance your resume with digital fluency and learning skills: Prepare to become a skilled and confident user of technology in your chosen field.
- Online Flexibility: Conveniently access course materials and lessons on your own time (in your timezone) from the comfort of your home. Make effective use of your time during the pandemic by earning credits at Centennial College!
- Start your path to Canada! Students who are unable to travel in the coming months may start their studies online while in their home country. After the online semester, if they obtain a visa, students can transfer to Centennial College campuses in Toronto once the borders reopen or continue studies online.
Will online classes affect Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) eligibility?
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has stated, “If your in-class courses are being moved to an online-only format because of COVID-19, your eligibility for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Program won’t be affected. This includes students who have a study permit or who have been approved for a study permit for a program starting in May or June but who are unable to travel to Canada at this time due to travel restrictions. International students in this situation may begin their classes while outside Canada and may complete up to 50% of their program while outside Canada if they cannot travel to Canada sooner.”