Film and Television – Business
Film and Television – Business is a unique program offered by the School of Communication, Media, Arts and Design at Centennial College that will prepare you to take on the business aspects of the television and film production industry.
About the program
Today’s film and television producers need more than good ideas and a crew to get their projects off the ground. They need people with the skills to handle financing, management, legal, distribution and business affairs. That’s where you’ll come in.
The two-semester – Film and Television – Business graduate certificate program at Centennial College will emphasize the importance of an entrepreneurial spirit and a global outlook. You’ll explore the industry’s legal, financial and regulatory frameworks and develop skills necessary for producing in the current Canadian and international market. To round out your training, you’ll complete a field placement that will allow you to gain experience in the industry before graduation.
This program is unique in Canada, and it will:
- Combine knowledge of the film and television industry with the principles and practices of accounting and business;
- Focus on developing strategies and plans for various business aspects of the film and television industry (e.g., project financing, program sales and marketing plans, and business plans for launching and operating an independent production company);
- Integrate knowledge of the global marketplace, distribution models and additional revenue sources;
- Provide opportunities to learn production techniques — in both crew and leadership positions — through the various stages of pre-production, production and post-production.
- Production co-ordinator
- Production manager
- Business affairs associate
- Business affairs officer
- Production accountant
- Distribution associate
- Associate producer
- Independent producer