Environmental Technician (Fast-Track)
The Environmental Technician (Fast-Track) program at Centennial College allows qualified college or university graduates to gain direct admission into year two (semester three) of the two-year program and receive their Technician diploma in one year (two semesters).
Blended (Toronto, Canada & Online)
About the program
This Environmental Technician (Fast-Track) program at Centennial College will prepare you for work in the growing environmental technology field by covering the three foundational disciplines of biology, chemistry and civil engineering, and teaching you to understand and manage complex environmental problems. The technology program will include hands-on training as you’ll learn to use the tools and equipment needed in water and soil quality analysis, ecological field sampling, analytical chemistry and surveying.
The unique combination of technical skills will greatly increase your career options once you graduate from the Environmental Technician program, which has received the President’s Academic Program Recognition awards for Quality of the Learning Experience and for Outstanding Graduate Satisfaction.
- Opportunities exist for participation in local conservation and restoration activities.
- Graduates of this Environmental Technician (Fast-Track) program can write the Ontario Ministry of the Environment Operator-in-Training (OIT) and Water Quality Analyst (WQA) exams.
- Graduates can apply to register with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologist (OACETT).
- Technical Policy Advisor
- Environmental Safety Consultant
- Soil Collection and Analysis
- Water and Waste Water Testing