The Architectural Technician program of Centennial College will prepare you for a variety of careers in the building industry. For example, as an employee of an architectural firm, you may assist with preparing design and construction drawings and carry out contract administration tasks during the construction phase.
(Pickering, Canada & Online)
About the program
This Advertising – Creative and Digital Strategy program is facilitated from the Story Arts Centre in Toronto and blends Centennial College’s experience in digital media with its strengths in business and marketing. The program will focus on helping you create engaging digital experiences built on solid creative strategy. You’ll become immersed in the digital field and learn how to develop breakthrough creative advertising campaigns.
Through your courses, you’ll acquire the necessary skills in creative strategy, writing, developing creative concepts, art direction, collaboration, presentation and entrepreneurialism. You’ll also learn new technologies and platforms that will keep you informed about recent innovations in the digital creative field.
The program will focus on five key areas:
- Creative strategy, to ensure advertising meets clients’ business objectives;
- Digital storytelling, to build on the power of storytelling in developing impactful creative advertising;
- Brand engagement, to create strong connections with consumers;
- Entrepreneurship, to foster key business skills that encourage innovation and risk-taking;
- Emerging platforms, to ensure you’re up-to-date on the latest in digital technology impacting the advertising industry.
During a second-semester field placement, you’ll participate in team assignments, working in a collaborative environment in the real world.
In this program, you’ll:
- Gain an understanding of the digital creation process from a creative director’s point of view;
- Learn how to craft a creative digital strategy that delivers results;
- Develop a strong portfolio and case studies for prospective employers;
- Enhance presentation skills to help sell ideas;
- Understand the impact of technology on creative development;
- Foster digital storytelling skills to bring brands to life online;
- Analyze and solve business and marketing challenges for clients by applying innovative, creative and digital techniques;
- Complement in-class education with a field placement that will provide the opportunity to work in the industry and hone your skills.
- Digital art director
- Digital designer
- Digital writer
- Information Architect
- Digital strategist
- Content strategist