Recreation and Leisure Services
The goal of the Recreation and Leisure Services program from Centennial College is to teach you how to improve the quality of life for all citizens by developing healthy communities.
About the program
The courses in this Recreation and Leisure Services program from Centennial College are based on a curriculum that meets the demands of the ever-growing and in-demand recreation and leisure field. Throughout their studies, students will conduct needs assessments, create risk management plans, develop business plans and practice grant proposal writing, and plan and implement recreation programs for people of all ages and abilities.
In addition, students will complete 880 hours of supervised field placement, which helps develop critical practical skills through the integration of classroom learning into real-life situations.
- Recreation/sport/camp program leaders and instructors
- Recreation/sport/entertainment operators and attendants
- Recreation and sport policy researchers/consultants/program officers
- Recreation/sports/fitness program and service directors
- Customer service and retail agents
- Recreation and leisure services coordinator
- Recreation and Leisure
- Supervisor or Recreation and Leisure Services Manager and/or programmer
- Therapeutic recreation activation aide